Coronavirus: What you need to know
Follow the latest NHS and Government advice:
Coronavirus update (Wednesday 18th March 2020)
To help protect staff and residents from the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have put the following measures in place:
- Our visitor receptions at Pioneer House and Parkway are closed to visitors
- We will carry out repairs to ensure the structure and exterior, including doors and windows, is maintained and weather tight. We will also ensure you can safely utilise the heating, water and electrical systems
- We will log details of all other repairs and contact you to book an appointment to visit once the Government’s measures to stop the spread of Coronavirus have been revised and curbs on contact relaxed
- If we book a repair visit we will ask about you and your family’s health - inform us if you have recently returned from abroad or have a high temperature or a new and continuous cough
- If you request a home visit for other housing and tenancy issues we will discuss different ways we can help you without the need to visit.
We have introduced additional measures to help protect residents living in our sheltered housing.
- We are only carrying our emergency repairs at our sheltered housing sites
- We have suspended the use of our community transport services in Central Herts
- We have suspended social activities, including our Kingfisher (dementia support) clubs in North Herts and have cancelled lounge bookings
- We have suspended major refurbishment works, and,
- We have curbed all but essential visits from staff and contractors
We have written to our sheltered residents to explain the measures in more detail.
This is a fast moving situation with further national guidance likely on a daily basis. We will post timely updates for residents here.