Adaptations and equipment

If you are struggling with any aspects of your home, you may be able to have certain fittings installed to make life a bit easier.

These could include items such as grab-rails, lever taps or a stair-lift; or perhaps you need a bath removed and a shower put in its place.

The process of arranging adaptations is mainly dealt with by your local council, and if you live in Hertfordshire this will be the Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency (HHIA).  They will provide you with a case worker who will be your point of contact with that organisation.

Logo for Herts Home Improvement Agency


If you need additional support with your request and throughout the application process our Tenancy Support Officer, Alison Hilton is happy to help. 

Alison will be delighted to help you, perhaps by chasing up a response to your application, or by speaking to your local council or HHIA on your behalf and may also be able to arrange some interim help for you, while you’re waiting for your adaptation to be authorised and installed.

If you live in one of our sheltered housing schemes you should first contact your Scheme Manager to discuss your requirements.