Permission to make alterations to your home
You have the right to make improvements, alterations or additions to your property (at your own expense) as long as you obtain our written consent first.
In the first instance please drop us an email with any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01462 683307
Permission will not be unreasonably witheld but there may be occasional circumstances when we won't be able to approve your request. Examples include but are not limited to:
- If there are any rent/recharge arrears on your account
- If the alteration could cause a problem with your neighbours
- If the alteration could make the building unsafe
- If the alteration could make the home less usable than when originally built
- If it would devalue the property
Planning Permission & Heritage Foundation Consent
Before permission is granted, Planning Permission from the local authority or consent from the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation may be required. We will seek this consent on your behalf.